Thursday, October 21, 2010

She's finally here!

The pregnancy is finally over! YAY! I'm so happy and I'm not nauseous anymore. I finally have my appetite back and have been scarfing down meal after meal, with no worries about it making a comeback-if you know what I mean :)

So Monday was quite the day! I had my final Dr appointment at 1pm, then we would head to the hospital to be induced at 4pm. We got there around 3:45 and they started induction around 4:45 and 6 short hours later we had a baby, Megan Ann. No one thought it would go that fast. My doctor told me to pack things to do, DVD players, magazines, etc. So there I was with a bag full of activities and in full blown labor by about 7pm. Thank goodness for our doula too, she made everything go so smoothly and kept Dan calm, cool and collected-or as much as he could be. So Megan was ready to come and once she decided to come, she was packed up and moving out as fast as she could. I was checked around 10:15 and was told I was 6cm so we decided to move to the tub (worked wonders with Logan). After 3 contractions in the tub I was convinced it wasn't going to work and I wanted IV drugs so we got out she checked me again and I was 10 cm and ready to push, no time for drugs now! With only about 6 minutes of pushing she was out. She literally came out so fast that her head is so perfectly round. She looks like a c-section baby. All the doctors and nurses were even commenting on it. But anyway she's here and we're both doing well. She has a little jaundice, nothing too serious (we hope) so we've been spending lots of time sunbathing by the windows and lots and lots and lots of time nursing to try to avoid a hospital stay under the blue billi lights like Logan. As for me I'm resting when I can. I am very tired, but who isn't with a new born in the house? Sleep will come back. I'm getting in a few short naps during the day and at night. Dan has been super helpful, and even Logan has helped out--a little. :)


I have 3 or 4 projects to show you but I think it will be a few more days until I can get them up. So bear with me, the next few weeks will be on and off but soon we'll be in a routine and I'll be able to post more regularly. Here's a few more pictures from Monday night's action.
Dan holding her for the first time. He was so great in the delivery room. Even when things were moving so fast he kept his cool. He kept saying for HOURS after "I can't believe you did that without any drugs"

So cute!!

Logan holding Megan for the first time. She wasn't having a good afternoon. But Logan handled it well.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Megan is really beautiful. She does look like you had her via c-section! I'm so happy that you can start feeling well again. Enjoy your new little blessing. Children are so precious. Congrats to the whole family.

Vicki said...

OMGoodness! Megan is beautiful!! Great job Mom and family!! So very happy for all of you! Blessings to you!

Terry Molineux said...

Ruth congratulations! Megan is gorgeous and you have the cutest SON!!!!

Theresa Q. said...

Congratulations to all of you Ruth! So happy everything turned out well. Take care of yourself too!

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you! She is precious! I forget how small they are! My little guy is 1 now. Here's to speedy recovery and sleepful nights! Oh, and happy eating what you want!