Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sew Pretty!

Before we get to the card I wanted to update on Monday's post.  I've gotten a lot of questions on the ornament.  I'm so glad you all like it and want to create them yourself.  The DSP is 1 1/2 x 12 scored every 1/4 inch, for more details or to see it you can check out Monday's post.  This card is soo beautiful!  I'm going to sew on my cards more often now!!!  Before we get into too many details of the card, let me say that I copied this card-again!  I'm an expert copier. For those of you out there that say "I'm not creative enough to do what you do."  Look at me!  I get inspiration all around me, there's so many tools for you to use.  But I do believe that if you're going to copy a card, make sure to mention where you got your inspiration.  So for this card, I saw this card and LOVED it!  I had to make it!!  I have this little craft sewing machine, that was made for projects just like this.  So I whipped it out and ta da!  My card was born!

Other than the sewing on this card the card is pretty easy to do.  I used my Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive markers to color my stamp.  I stamped it on my cardstock then lifted it and moved it slightly to the left and stamped it again.  You get a fantastic shadow image.  It looks so pretty!  I added some pearls to the flowers.  And a greeting from Friendly Phrases and it's done!  Simple as that!  It's 'sew' pretty!  I will be sewing more, I have lot's of ideas floating around this head of mine, stay tuned!  :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment: