Friday, September 16, 2011

C'mon Christmas!

Perhaps we should get through other holidays before Christmas 'really' gets here, BUT there's no reason why we can't start on our Christmas cards.  With this card, again, I'm showing you my brilliant copying skills.  I saw this card on Split coast stampers, gotta love splitcoast :)  But don't get me wrong I LOVE Stampin' Connection (a demonstrator only site), BUT my only concern with it is that the samples aren't organized well.  I would love it if it were organized by stamp set like splitcoast.  Then it would be PERFECT!!!  But back to this card.  I changed a couple things.  I wanted the look to be classy and elegant, when I'm going for that look, I pull out my black.  ANYTHING paired with black gives such a clean, beautiful look.  Then I stared at my ink pads, ribbon and cardstock trying to decide what color to use.  I went for one I haven't used in a while and have ribbon to match-Marina Mist.  So once the hard decisions were made I could stamp.   

The star is stamped off on scratch paper then on the white cardstock.  I thought the full strength Marina Mist was just a little too much for this card.  The lighter stamped color looked much better.  I then embossed in black the 'Let Earth Receive Her King' stamp.  So pretty.  I used the new Snow Burst Embossing Folder from the mini and sponged around the edges slightly.  I added a little scallop border at the top and to finish it some lace ribbon and the Marina Mist Scalloped ribbon.  So so pretty!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: