Featured Post

2017 Christmas Card Stamp a Stack!

It's time for my annual Christmas Card Stamp a Stack! This class is always popular and always sells out!!!!  Don't wait to sign up!...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swinging Friend

I'm so excited to you show you this card.  One because I got this stamp set, Forever Young, for FREE (more on that another day {smile}).  And two because it's so pretty, and it incorporates 2 of my most favorite things right now, Calypso Coral and sewing on cards.  If you didn't get a chance to see yesterdays card make sure you check it out. It's where my sewing on cards obsession began :)  This stamp set typically isn't my style but after I saw a few cards made with it, this one by Catherine Pooler specifically, I really wanted it.  I LOVE the card that Catherine made, so of course for the first card made with this set I had to copy her idea.  So CUTE! 

For the sewing, I stitched around all the sides of the cardstock with the tree on it.  I also stitched the ribbon onto the card.  So pretty!!  I can't wait to do more like that.  I have one card specifically in my head right now that as soon as I get a spare minute I'm gonna do it!!!  The rest of the card is pretty simple, the tree image was stamped twice, once on white then again on Calypso Coral.  I used my Full Heart punch to punch out the Calypso Coral image and then distressed the cardstock.  The greeting is from the stamp set Family Reunion.  I just love this card :)  It makes me happy!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: