Saturday, July 17, 2010

Whoooo's Ready For Some New Stuff?

I did finally get my new stuff on Wednesday. My poor UPS man, I think he was having a rough day. I heard the truck pull up and jumped up (probably the fastest I've moved in a long time). I was expecting 2 packages and I saw him get out of his truck with only one package-the small one too-I knew there was another one in there so I wasn't going to let him leave until I got it :) He was walking up to my door and looking at the little gizmo thing they have that you sign sometimes and I assume tells them what to deliver and where and when he got almost to my door he stopped and said to himself "What the ****" and ran back to his truck. Yay my second box!!! So all was fine, I sure hope his day improved from there! I know he made my day!!

Once I sorted everything and put most stuff of the stuff away I got to stamping right away! Logan wanted to use the new Owl Punch. While I was going through the box he just kept holding the Owl Punch saying "Mommy can we make an Owl, please Mommy" and me saying "OK OK OK just let me go through this box first." There was lots of ooooing and ahhhhhing (by me, Logan seemed only impressed with the Owl Punch). So boxes finally empty, cardstock put away, stamp sets-well they're still not put away :) We finally got to stamp on what I thought was a clean desk earlier in the day but was now covered with NEW stamps, accessories and so much more. We made room for us to make our owls and we got to work. Please don't look too closely at the desk behind the projects, it was/is a complete mess :)

Here's my first Owl-it's so cute!! I love the punch!!! I attached him to a 3x3 card. Then I thought, hmmm he needs friends, so I made 2 more cards just like him. Then I thought, hmmm needs a pouch to keep them in, so in literally seconds I whipped out my square scallop die and made a cute little pouch to put the cards and envelopes in.
Except for the fact that my bow looks a little wonky it's super cute!!!
There's a TON more new stuff used just on the little pouch and card. The stamp set is one of the new hostess Level 1 sets called Afterthoughts. The DSP is the new Subltes stack (which is AMAZING!!!) The brown ink and cardstock and ribbon is the new color Early Espresso. It's just super cute and I love it!!!
Logan also made an owl card, of course after all the anticipation. Here's his card.

His new favorite color is pink and wanted a pink owl. He also stamped the greeting on the inside. I asked him who he was going to give his card to and he said "I'm going to keep this one" His teachers at school have mentioned to me that he has great placement of facial features on his projects for a 3 year old. I didn't mention to them that it probably has something to do with the hundreds of little punched creatures we've made over the past couple of years :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Afterthoughts
Cardstock: (my cards) Rose Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black, Subltes DSP Stack, (Logan's) Soft Suede, Subltes DSP Stack, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Rose Red, Early Espresso
Accessories: Owl Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Square Scallop die, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: