Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scallop Purse

Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a really cute purse I made. I got the idea from Jenny's blog. She has a really great blog, if you get a chance check it out. She made her bag out of our carousel notes. I used the scallop die for the big shot, so my purse is slightly smaller then hers. But just as cute.
I used the SU textured plates to emboss my scallops, then I used a sanding block and sanded the embossed parts. So that's how I got the white to show. I wish you guys could feel the bag. When you sand down the DSP it gives it a velvety texture, very soft and really nice in person. Make sure you check out the snap closure for it. It's 2 of our new corduroy buttons together, doesn't it make just the cutest closure, or accent to any project!?!!?


So what fits inside you ask.....well.........


What else, Ghirardelli Chocolate of course! You can fit 3 of them in there perfectly.

For the box, it's a 7x5 piece of cardstock. Score on the 7 inch side at 3 and 4 and on the 5 inch side score at 1 and 4. Then it's just assembled like any other box.
Supplies
Hostess Pack DSP
Big Shot, SU Backgrounds 1 textured plates, sanding block, corduroy buttons, chocolate chip ribbon, brads, sticky strip, velco
Tonight is our demo meeting, love these meetings! I'll have my swaps and 3 minute demo to show you in the next few days so check back!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: