Tuesday, February 27, 2018

80's Weekend Wrap Up

The 80's craft weekend a couple weekends ago will go down in history for a couple of reasons.  1) It was my most unproductive weekend yet (in terms of stamping projects). 2) It was probably the most fun weekend ever (YET!). While I got a total of 2 cards completed-yes TWO (not counting the ones I did for my class or for other people)! It was by far the best time I've had a craft weekend yet.  Everyone comes to craft weekend for different reasons. Some come to work on projects they haven't had time to do at home, some come with specific and sometimes large projects in mind, some come to tryout new stuff they haven't used, some come to catch up on their scrapbooks, some come because it's often the only time they get to craft.  I go because it's a fun girls weekend, and I get to hang out with my BFF's and relax and have some much needed down time.  I stamp every day at home, I don't go to these weekends to stamp and be creative, I'm fortunate to do that at home every day.  I love being there to help with a crafty problem, (I did a lot of helping!). I love seeing friends I haven't seen in a while and some that I have.  I love meeting new friends. Mostly I love being able to see my downline, Michelle, thrive in the success of her weekends.  She graciously allows me to help out with these weekends. The ideas, projects, and joy she brings to the weekend is all her.  I'm just there to help out where I'm needed. She amazes me every time with how she can take ANY theme and come up with craft games and give always that somehow fit perfectly.  I leave every weekend amazed by her wisdom and creativity that she puts into every weekend. 
Like I said previously, this was an 80's themed weekend.  I was born in the 80's so most of my experience with the 80's was as a very young child.  My 80's knowledge has come from pop culture, movies, TV and music.  I think I did ok though.  On Saturdays we always dress for the theme, I have to tell you I was so excited about leg warmers for months!  We had a great time on Saturday all dressed up! It was so much fun! 
Michelle plans games and prizes for everyone.  These were a few of the fun gifts we received!  Normally I take a picture of everything that I bring home from the weekend.  There were soooooooo many gifts, so many amazing generous friends who shared a little gift with me and there was just no way to get it all in one picture.  Not to mention my children can smell candy and treats and raided my gifts LOL.  But to everyone who gave me an amazing gift THANK YOU! I loved all of it.  When I was unpacking all the gifts brought back so much joy! We really do get spoiled at these weekends!
I mentioned before that probably the best thing about these weekends is a whole weekend to spend with my squad.  These women are not only my BFF's but they're my downline and my family.  I wouldn't know what to do at a weekend without these ladies! From L-R it's Anne, Me, Michelle, Nikki and Kim. We have the best time and I know that one of the reasons I love attending craft weekends so much is these 4 women.  Ladies I can't wait to do it all again in JULY!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: