Friday, February 17, 2012

Scalloped Birthday

If I haven't said it before (but I know I have) I love Pintrest!  I have so many cards on my Cards I Love board, probably far more than I'll ever make but who cares I love them!  One of the cards is similar to this card.  Lots of textured scallops, I just love it!!!!  I decided to go for lots of browns on this card.  I had a customer ask me a couple weeks ago how to use the neutral colors.  I understand that, sometimes, especially the less popular ones, it's hard to incorporate them.  That's one of the reasons why I love this card. So I only used colors that you'll get in a neutrals assortments: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. 

I debated for a long time about how to layer the scallops, 2 layers of one color-lightest to darkest or darkest to lightest, alternating colors, etc.  This is what I finally stopped on and I love the way it turned out.  I used 4 different embossing folders and the Tasteful Trim die for the scallops.  To finish it off I added a button and a greeting.  So cute right?!  I can't wait to make more cards like this.  This is one of those classic card layouts that you can use for any occasion!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: