Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sale-A-Bration Sunday Adorable Owls Watercolored Background-VIDEO

Welcome to my first Sale-a-Bration Sunday of the new 2023 Sale-a-Bration Catalog!  Today I'm featuring the completely cute Adorable Owls Set!  I posted a poll in my Facebook VIP group and asked if you wanted me to do the Adorable Owls Set or the Thanks a Bunch Set first.  The owls overwhelmingly won so here we are!  Don't worry the Thanks A Bunch Set is on the list too!  The Adorable Owls Set is so cute and punny and it will be a big hit!  For my card I wanted to take a softer approach to this set and make a card a little out of the ordinary for this set.  I started with my background, I used the watercolor smoosh technique.  This is the easiest way to get a gorgeous watercolor background and it takes all of 30 seconds!  Plus drying time.  I started with a window sheet, you can purchase window sheets I just used that thick clear sheet the photopolyer stamps come on.  You could also use wax paper or parchment paper too but those are a little more flimsy.  Smoosh ink onto the window sheet. Make sure you use colors that will compliment each other when mixed.  I used Polished Pink, Pale Papaya and a little Fresh Freesia.  Once your color is smooshed spray it with a Stampin' Spritzer and either pick it up and smoosh it onto your cardstock or smoosh your cardstock onto the window sheet.  Pull your paper off and marvel at the beauty! I'm using Shimmery White Cardstock for my paper, Watercolor Paper would also be a good option.  Don't use Basic White or even the Thick Basic White they're not made to handle the water like the Shimmer White and Watercolor Papers are.  

stampin up, adorable owls

That takes care of the background.  Let it sit and dry completely or speed it up with a heat tool.  I always start with a piece of paper that is larger than what I need and trim it down.  My finished piece is 5" x 3 3/4".  I cut some cloud border pieces and added them to the bottom.  You could stop there it's such a gorgeous card!  But I couldn't help adding the sweet owl!  I stamped and colored him with Stampin' Blends.  I stamped my greeting and die cut it with a label from the Cracker Treat Box Dies.  I also die cut some stars from Pale Papaya Cardstock with the same dies.  

My Pale Papaya Layer is 5 1/4" x 4"
Polished Pink card base 11" x 4 1/4" score at 5 1/2"

stampin up, adorable owls

I added the owl to a die cut circle in vellum, this helps him pop off the background a little.  I finished the card with lots of sequins from the Sparkle and Shine Sequin Embellishments. I added Wink of Stella to my stars too.  There's lots of shimmer from the Shimmer Cardstock we watercolored on.  So much sparkle!  I have a video with all the detail below. Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you never miss a video!  I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, adorable owls

 Shop my Online Store.  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:
Boho Blue Mini Cut and Emboss Machine Sale-A-Bration Join Offer Product






No comments: