Wednesday, August 30, 2017

High Tide Thinking Of You


Sympathy cards are never fun to make unfortunately at some point though we always need to have some on hand.  This card was inspired by this card by Michelle Zindorf, that I found on Pintrest.  I love the High Tide set but I don't pull it out as often as I should.  Obviously the lighthouse image is the star of that set but I like to remind my self sometimes to use the smaller, maybe over looked stamps in larger sets.    
The birds flying are beautiful and it's all this card needed.  Simple images are always a winner.  For the background I did pull out my inks and sponge daubers and ink blend the back ground.  I love making these kinds of background.  I used Island Indigo for the water and to get the sharp straight line I used some post it tape to mask off the sky while I did my water.  The sky is a blend of Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo.  I added some Black Bakers Twine to finish the card and it was ready for the mail.  Look at some of your sets and pull out the over looked stamps and make them shine!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: