Featured Post

Stamp Camp #1

My new Catalog Stamp Camp was last weekend and it was a blast as it always is.  We kicked it off with our HUGE retired stamp set sale then ...

Friday, June 16, 2017

This Little Piggy Meets Embossing Paste

Let's just take a moment and stare at this little piggy, because it's so cute and he deserves a moment in the spotlight. Awwwwwww!  I stamped him on some Powder Pink cardstock then fussy cut him out.  Initially I thought well it won't be that hard to fussy cut him, he's a pretty simple shape....then you get to the tail and well you start questioning your sanity and why you have these ideas!  It really wasn't that bad and I fussy cut 3 more pigs (you'll see them next week!) so clearly managed to survive...LOL! After he was cut out he looked like he still needed some texture so I used my sponge dauber and some Powder Pink Ink and added some shadding to him.  I used a Blushing Bride Marker to color his nose and the inside of his ears.  I used a Smoky Slate Marker to color his hooves.  The inside of this cards says 'loves you' so cute!!   
I wanted to try more embossing paste so I pulled out the cloud stencil and made some fluffy clouds.  I didn't smooth them out completely because well I don't think clouds are smooth and 2 dimensional.  I left some rougher areas on some of them to add extra texture.  After it dried I didn't like the white on white texture so I added a tiny bit of shading to the clouds with some Soft Sky ink and a sponge dauber.  I added some Lemon Lime Twist grass with a sponge dauber and ink .  This little guy is so stinkin' cute!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: