Thursday, August 5, 2010

Perk Up!

I'm not entirely sure where to start this post. I don't really have any exciting news to share so we'll just jump into today's project.

In my stamping frenzy on Wednesday I made this card. I went a little crazy with the color spritzer on this card, yesterday's card and the card I'll show you tomorrow. I just LOVE that tool!! And I keep it right on my desk so it's so handy! Seriously though if you don't have it-GET IT! You too will love it, I'm not sure why I waited so long in getting it! Today's card is very masculine, I think anyway. Lot's of browns, clean lines and NO ribbon. Which scream masculine card to me.

As I was putting stamp sets away I found this one in the back. This poor forgotten stamp set, which I actually really like. So I decided to pull it out and make a card with it. So often I find myself only using stuff I just bought-stamp sets included, and I forget about those great rarely used sets. So I'm making it a goal to reach into my stamp cabinet at least once a week and use one of those stamp sets that haven't seen ink in a while. While it's a good goal to have, don't hold me to it too much. As life gets crazier and crazier in the next few weeks/months I may not be able to keep to it as much as I hope I can. But I really like how this card came out.

I stamped the image and greeting on the vanilla piece then crumpled it up and sponged it with Crumb Cake ink. Just gives it a more antique like look. Wow did that make sense? The only thing I would have done differently is put the brads a little lower down. I think they're too close to that Crumb Cake CS, but that also may just be me being overly critical of my work. Overall it's a simple card that I did in minutes and I really like it. This layout would work for any of the images in that stamp set.
Well that's all for me now. I'll be back tomorrow to show you the 3rd card I made in my craftiness yesterday. And I'm so proud of myself, my desk is clean. I made sure it was clean after I worked yesterday and it's so nice to look at when it's clean!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Puns From the Past
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Silver Brads, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, sponges, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: