Friday, May 24, 2024

You're Ducking Great!

The very first bundle in the new catalog that went onto my wish list was the Charming Duck Pond Bundle.  I absolutely love ducks and this bundle is the cutest!  The images are adorable and the dies make for some amazing scenes.  As soon as I had this bundle in my hand I couldn't stop creating with it!  I love it so much that it will be the feature of my June Card Crate Class To Go.  If you love this bundle too check out my blog on Monday for all the details on this class to go.  

stampin up, charming duck pond

My duck is stamped in Memento Ink and I've used both ink pads and Stampin' Blends to fillin my duck.  I stamped Granny Apple Green for his wings and head and I stamped Peach Pie for his feet and beak. For the other parts of him I used Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends and Pretty Peacock Light Stampin' Blends. I used the dies in the bundle to die cut lots of extra pieces like lily pads, flowers and the cattails.  I wanted them to look like the DSP so I cut out some in Basic White and use my Peach Pie and Pretty In Pink Stampin' Blends to color them and then trimmed them out and adhered them to the Granny Apple Green and Pretty Peacock stems.  

stampin up, charming duck pond

The only flaw I would say is in this bundle is the lack of duck puns they could have used for greetings.  I love the greetings but I could have used a second set of just duck puns. So instead I created my own greeting with the Mini Alphabet Dies.  I made them shine with the Fine Tip Glue Pen. This glue dries clear and gives you that glossy look.  Isn't this a punny greeting! I love it! 

Make your own:
Pool Party 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" score the long side at 4 1/4"

DSP 5 1/4" x 4"; 4" x 1 1/4"; 2" x 1/2"

Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Pretty Peacock, Pretty In Pink, Basic White scraps for die cutting

I have a full supply list below.  You can shop for these products in my Online Store. If you love this bundle and want to see more of it check out my post on Monday and grab my June class to go! 

stampin up, charming duck pond


 

No comments: