Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Rainbow Vellum Squares

Did you see Monday's card that featured the Best Plaid Die and the Rainbow Glimmer Paper.  If not head over there to check it out.  It's so pretty!!!  On that card I used vellum for the larger plaid die and I was left with a bunch of perfect vellum squares.  I didn't want to just toss them.  So I started by coloring a few of them with my blends.  I went for an ombre of color, dark on top, light on bottom.  After I did a couple I LOVED them and had to die cut more vellum squares.  All in all I die cut the vellum die twice.  Once for the card on Monday and for this card.  I'm saving the actual die cut vellum piece for another card later.  I just wanted those perfect squares.  I continued to color them in rainbow order, in an ombre fashion with my blends.
Once I was done coloring I started to lay them out in a pattern.  I used some DSP from the In Good Taste DSP pack and started adhering them down to the DSP.  Adhering vellum is tricky because you don't want it to show.  If I were to make this card again I would use our Adhesive Sheets and make them stickers to stick down.  For this card though, because I didn't think of that in advance I used my sticker maker to turn them into stickers.  The beauty of that kind of adhesive is that if the entire piece is covered with glue you can't see it.  But you can save time and skip a step if you go with the Adhesive Sheets to begin with.  I finished the card with a gold embossed greeting, on vellum and some gold twine from the Forever Greenery Pack.  I mounted the DSP on some Gold Foil then on my White card base.  It's so stunning and gorgeous.  I love the colors!!  I have a full supply list below.  
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

Supplies:

Earn a $5 Bonus Days Coupon for every $50 you spend in July!  
Redeem in August.  There's no limit to how many you can earn! 

No comments: