Friday, April 27, 2018

Hello Friend Cake Box

I'm pretty excited about my weekend.  I have a huge birthday stamp a stack tomorrow! I feel like it's been a long time since my last class, and it has my last class was mid March and now here we are at the end of April.  If you follow my blog you know that I love to give gifts for those that attend my classes.  It's a little thank you for coming.  I love to make boxes and other gift items so this a great way for me to stretch that muscle and share some love!  These boxes are so cute and they were so easy to make!  
The idea and directions came from Erica Cerwin.  I saw this video and LOVED this idea so I made a bunch of them! If you want to learn to make them too check out Erica's video.  I used the Wood Words set for mine along with the Tailored Tag Punch, Modern Label and 2" Circle Punch.  I used a variety of retiring ribbons so I coordinated my colors to match the ribbons.  All the boxes are done with Tempting Turquoise.   
Inside the boxes are these cute Little Debbie lemon and strawberry cakes.  The only variation I made to my box was instead of tying the ribbon just across the top of the box like Erica did I made a ribbon slider.  I cut my ribbon long enough that it goes around the treat.  I threaded my ribbon through the holes on the top of the box then inserted my treat over the ribbon, which pushes the ribbon down and almost wraps the treat.  Then I tied a bow.  When you pull the bow the ribbon pulls the entire treat up.  It's really cute and a fun way to package an item!  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: