Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Once In Nine Lives Shaker Fun Fold

I'm excited to share this cute fun fold shaker card with you today!  It's been a while since I've made a shaker card and I'm not sure why, they're soooo much fun!  I think I need to do a shaker card class soon!  Not only is this one a fun shaker card but it's also a fun fold card.  I saw this fun fold on fellow demonstrator Marisa's blog.  I loved this idea so much so I had to make my own version.  I love this card!  

stampin up, glad we're friends

The shaker card is made with a frame using two of the same shape from the Stylish Shapes Dies.  You can die cut them at the same time.  I use some Post It Tape to hold them in place together.  I die cut a piece of Window Sheet and Basic White using the larger die so everything is the same size.  Adhere the Window Sheet to the back of the Balmy Blue Piece.  I used Foam Adhesive Sheets to make a border of dimensional adhesive all the way around the frame.  I prefer the Foam Adhesive Sheets because you can trim them as you need them.  Once you have your borders built up, add some shaker bits.  I used the For Everything Fancy Sequins, there's so many different shaker bits in them it's so fun!  Close up your shaker piece by adding the piece of Basic White onto the back.  So fun!!!  

stampin up, glad we're friends

Like other easel cards when you adhere your elements to the front of your card you only want to add adhesive to the bottom, where it will stick below the score line.  I stamped and colored my kitty and added some pearls to her crown.  To finish everything off, I fussy cut the kitty and some flowers and leaves from the Awash With Beauty DSP.  I have measurements for everything below.  

stampin up, glad we're friends

Here's the measurement for my card: 
Polished Pink Card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" 
On the long side score at 4 1/4"
On the short side cut at 1 1/4" and 4 1/4" stopping at the horizontal score line
For the panel in the middle score at 2 1/8" (I adhered the side flaps down to the card base, you could cut them off too)

Awash With Beauty DSP
Two pieces 1" x 4"
2 3/4" x  4"
Two pieces 2 3/4" x 1 7/8"

Balmy Blue frame die cut with Stylish Shapes Dies

Window Sheet and Basic White die cut with larger die used in the frame.  

Basic White Scraps for stamping and die cutting

I have a full supply list below, you can shop for these products in my Online Store.  

stampin up, glad we're friends


 

No comments: